Monday 14 January 2013

New Favourite Nail Polishes

I have so many nail polishes that it would take forever for me to post a photo of each one or even of just my favourites, but here are a few new ones that I really like at the moment.


I love glitter nail polishes, not only are they attractive, but also they last a lot longer and I am the worst for chipping nail polish. I can manage to chip nail polish on my duvet! This glitter polish I put on top of a black polish because I found that the effect that I achieved in this photo takes a while to build and I am not one for putting layer after layer of polish on my nails and waiting for them to dry, I am just too impatient. So if you are like me then I would recommend a black polish underneath, just any old polish will do the trick, it is just to make the glitter stand out. I particularly like this glitter polish because it has lots of colours in it and lasts a good while, especially on my toes. Only problem with glitter is getting it off! I would recommend putting polish remover on a cotton pad and holding it on the nail so it soaks in and it makes the polish easier to remove.
I got my BarryM polish from Boots for only £2.99.

This was a limited edition BarryM which I got just before Christmas. It was the lid that tempted me, and I am glad I got it because the colour is lovely. Wouldn't say I made it last, but I have had it on my toe nails for a few weeks now and it hasn't chipped so think it would be ok if you weren't useless like me and chipped polish all the time.




I had to do a post about this Essie polish. I had never tried Essie until I found some in a Boots in Devon. I had heard about how good it was but didn't think it was worth the price, £7.99; especially when I chip my nails so easily. But I had a Boots voucher and needed to spend over £45 so I got two colours; Cute as a Button, and this one, Butler Please. I must say I was amazed by it, it went on so easily, it dried almost instantly even the second coat, and it hardly chipped! It didn't chip until about two days later and it was only a tiny bit which is really good for me. And the colours are lovely and bold. I love the colour Butler Please, it is so different from anything I have seen before. I would definitely recommend Essie even for the steep price tag, it is worth the pennies!
You can check the Essie site to find a store near you or find them on the Boots website.

Any new nail polishes that you love and would like to recommend? Post below, I love trying new nail polishes.


4 comments:

  1. I love the blue Essie one.

    http://www.tea-and-cocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too. I love how it's different from other colours. :)
      Thanks for sending me your blog address, love being able to find new blogs. :) x

      Delete
  2. I have the Barry M one, it's so pretty! x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your blog with me, it's great to find new ones to follow. :) x

      Delete