Monday 18 February 2013

Read My Lips

I went a bit mad on lipsticks the other day so decided to give my opinion on them all.
The first one is a Revlon lip butter in Sweet Tart; I bought one of these lip butters when they first came out and I got a colour very close to my natural lip colour just to add a sheen, and I used it a fair amount because it felt lovely on my lips and gave my lips moisture throughout most the day. But unfortunately I took it on holiday with me and it turned to mush and although I can still use it, I can't twist the bullet out without it dropping off so have to use my finger to apply. I also noticed in Boots a lot of the samples were a bit mushy and wonder if they just go like this after a lot of use or if exposed to too much heat; so they may not last very long, but they do feel lovely on the lips and just add a tint of colour. My friend has done a blog about these lip butters here too and I think the colour of the Raspberry Pie looks lovely. Again, I apologise for the rubbish pictures, I really don't get along with this new camera!





Next up is the new Bourjois Rouge Edition lipticks, I bought two while they were on offer in Boots (By one get the second half price) because I couldn't decide between the two pinks; 12 Rose Neon and 07 Fuchsia Graffiti. They both are very bold colours and don't ware off easily, I have wiped my lips with cleanser after taking the pictures and I can still see a tint of it now! Very long lasting! It also feels lovely on, very moist and non drying. 

This is Rose Neon and looks a lighter brighter pink in real life, its just if I put the flash on you could see all my lumps and bumps on my face, and I don't think you really needed to see that. It is a lovely girly pink and I am going to love wearing this through the Spring.


And this is Fuchsia Graffiti which also looks a lot brighter in real life, and is the one that's lingering still on my lips now giving them a nice pink glow. This one has to be my favourite, it is so bold but is such a lovely colour I think it would look great in the Summer and because it is long lasting and non sticky, think it would be great for Summer days on the beach...if we have the weather for it of course. Watch the second half of this video to see what this colour is really like and how you can do your eyes to match your lips.




And last but not least Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 110, can't find the name of it anywhere, but it is a coral colour. I was unsure whether this would suit me with me being a pale red head, but it wasn't too orangey so looked rather nice. Again this a lovely bold colour. It isn't as moisturising as the other three brands, but it doesn't dry my lips out or stick to the dry bits and make them looked cracked.

So overall all these lipsticks get a thumbs up from me, and I think the price of them all is pretty reasonable considering how long the colour lasts.
Any other new lipsticks you can recommend me? 







No comments:

Post a Comment